Saturday, June 5, 2010

Balancing Unity - Part 1 of 2

Tomorrow, I get to share what God has shown me in His Word this week.  God has a lot to show us in this week's lesson - 1 Corinthians 1:1-3:23.  The focus of this study is to "Promote Church Unity."  This lesson is a call to priority #1: To point people to the Lord Jesus Christ.  All else is either helping or hurting.  Too often, we can get caught up in details, policies, arguments, and/or simply the idea of proving someone else wrong to recognize that we are nothing without Christ.  We are all on equal ground as human beings.  Don't get me wrong, Christians need to take a stand in accordance with our convictions.  The balance between living, sharing, and shaping our convictions as well as our testimony is not new.  God made somethings very clear through Pauls's letter to the church in Corinth.  I look forward to the discussion tomorrow and will post my outline/notes after L.I.F.E group at First Baptist Church, Fernandina Beach.
L - Learn
I - Involve
F - Fellowship
E - Evangelism

No comments:

Post a Comment