Monday, April 5, 2010

As a Navy wife...

As a Navy wife, anytime I hear of any kind of military "mishap," I a part of my heart sinks.  Regardless of nation, branch, or purpose of operation, I can't help but immediately put myself in the shoes of the family member that is about to be notified of the devistating loss of a loved one.  My brain immediately flashes to all the movies scenes that depict such conversations knowing full well that such scenes could NEVER accurately show how one reacts to this type of news.  It breaks my heart and makes me terribly afraid.  Afraid that one day I could actually find myself in those shoes - of being informed of a "mishap."  This fear, I believe, is a deep ache in all who have a husband, wife, father, mother, son, daughter, etc. serving our nation.  It's always in the back of our minds just waiting to pop to the forefront.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those involved directly & indirectly in the E-2C Hawkeye plane crash.  This airplane was part of the aircraft carrier, USS Eisenhower - the carrier for Jacob's battle group. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/03/31/world/main6350187.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment